Novels and short stories, all are welcome. One thing I love doing is reading other writers’ works and brainstorming ways to help them reach their potential. Here is what I offer as a beta reader.
Free Beta Reading Package
- A report, explaining what works and what doesn’t in terms of first impressions, character development, plot, writing style, and more.
Paid Beta Reading Package – £4 per 1000 words
- A report.
- In-text commentary that can highlight the pros and cons of your book in greater depth.
Reserve a time slot
£12 down payment. Redacted from paid packages.
Beta reading completion time for both packages
4 weeks maximum.
Alpha and Beta Readers: What’s the Difference?
Here’s a quick breakdown of what these readers do and what my approach is when helping authors.
Genres I Read
- Magical Realism
- Science Fiction
Genres I Don’t Read
- Children’s Books
“Each reader has their own response to the work and Electra’s was exactly what I needed at this point in the editing process.”
“Electra is an insightful reader and got an excellent feel for my characters and their dilemma.”
“Very helpful, especially to debut authors.”
Beta Reading Request Guidelines
- Email me at email@example.com with your name, word count, summary, and sample. Novel: first chapter. Short story: first 2000 words.
- If your submission is successful, we can discuss whether you want the free or paid beta reading package, as well as how to proceed from there.
- Please, make sure your manuscript is completed and well-edited. I reserve the right to return books that are unreadable. Admin fees may apply.